Re: Did you see heartbeat

To: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Did you see heartbeat
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:19:38 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 16 February 1999 11:50
Subject: Did you see heartbeat

This series is filmed about 30 miles from where I live,  in a place called
Goathland in the Yorkshire Dales; it's near Whitby, where Dracula was
'born'.
It's very well done and just about every pre-'70 car from around here (York)
has been in it. The regulars include a Hillman Minx (the local taxi) a
police Ford Anglia Panda car, one in black and an olp cop Ford Popular. The
village doctor (recently killed off ) had an MGA, his widow, the local
nurse, has an S1 Land Rover, the ex-police Sergeant has a Minor Traveller
and Gina-the pub lanlady indeed has a red Isetta.

Lots of other cars are used as moving scenery. A pal of mine had let YTV use
his A105 Westminster, two-tone Herald 1200, Rover P4, Riley 1.5 and Morris
Minor. One or two have been crashed in the series, including an elderly
bus-Leyland, I think.
My only beef is that in '65 to '69 the cars were not all pritine and waxed
to the hilt, as they are in Heartbeat!

Dave Hill