Re: Type of Paint on Triumphs?

To: daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com
Subject: Re: Type of Paint on Triumphs?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:26:07 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/16/99 4:12:24 AM EST, daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com writes:

<< Hi,
        A question raised between myself and some friends over the weekend.
 Specifically what kind of paint was being applied to "our" cars at the
 factory? Cellulose? Enamel? Something else? One of my friends commented
 that the original paint on his Standard 8 (1955) was quite different to
 that on his Heralds. I understand cellulose was being used less and less
 in the British Auto-industry around this time, so what did they use?
        Thanks for any information,
                Cheers,
                        Bill. >>
I believe all TR3's and TR4's originally had lacquer paint. I have also heard
that all TR6's (1969) had enamel. Don't know about TR 250's and TR4A's.
Is cellulose the same as lacquer?

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B