Fwd: refinishing steering wheels...boundary="part0_919010228_boundary"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: refinishing steering wheels...boundary="part0_919010228_boundary"
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:37:04 EST

--part0_919010228_boundary

From: Bush4brits@aol.com
To: philpatt@kalamazoo.net
Subject: Re: refinishing steering wheels...
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:21:44 EST

Hi Phil,
You might be able to use epoxy to repair first, then finish with a thickened
epoxy paste to finish.
I would clean the area where it's lifted, apply a generous film of epoxy (use
the 48 hour curing kind, it's much stronger) with a thin spatula at the seam
where it's separate, then clamp it closed until it conforms to it's original
shape. Clean up any epoxy than oozes out of the seam before it sets or it will
have to be filed and sanded afterwards, making more work for yourself.

ONLY after it's good and dry, (don't be in a hurry, give it a week) remove the
clamps and dress the area for the finishing coat of thickened epoxy I talked
about earlier.

An alternative would be to revove the sprung section completely, then build up
the area with an epoxy insert.

Hope this helps......let me know how you make out.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN 3L 78708
60 TR-3A TS 81398 L

--part0_919010228_boundary--