[TR6] Wheel substitution: OK, they're not so fragile!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR6] Wheel substitution: OK, they're not so fragile!
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:46:19 -0500
Cc: triumph@shiseis.com, sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU
Thanks to my fellow listers who pointed out that the stock TR6 wheels are
not so fragile after all.  I was basing this assumption on several earlier
list references to rims bent during tire installation, and the 2 bent rims
the PO of my car included.

I'd still be interested in a cheap set of wheels (stock Triumph, other OE
wheels or aftermarket) to mount decent tires on and keep the redlines
mounted on the nice stock rims for show.

Has anyone seen a TR6 with the SAAB 8-spoke Minilite lookalike wheels? I
understand a big spacer and longer wheelstuds are required (thanks, Peter
Zaborski!)

---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
digest subscriber