Re: TR3A electronic ignition update

To: Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu
Subject: Re: TR3A electronic ignition update
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:54:27 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris,

> > I'm going to have to disagree with Art and Chris on the comment about it
> > not fitting the DM2 distributor.

> I'm going to have to agree with your disagreement. AFAIK the Pertronix
> Ignitor fits all 4cyl TR distributors. I think there's another model that
> fits the Delco Dist. in the Spitfire.

Tom informed me this morning that it wasn't you and Art that said
it wouldn't fit it was Ignitor that told him that.  Sorry about the cross
wires there!!

> I wonder if Moss has every TR dizzy listed cross referenced with
> Pertronix? I'd call Pertronix and ask. I think they're on the Monster
> List. IMHO it's really hard to come up with an installation of the
> Crane/Allison/Luminition amplifier box that looks right in an early TR...

I doubt that Moss has that info.  I do know that Roger Bolick has been
testing an Ignitor/Petronix unit in the GT6's and that distributor is
supposed to be the one used in the Spitfires.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/3/98)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM3353U
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108