Re: help from rotoflexers

To: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: help from rotoflexers
From: Ellen Kratz <hklean@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:08:37 -0500
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Arthur H. Smith wrote:

> "Dave Terrick"
> TR3 Ken
>  "Michael D. Porter"
>
> thanks for the words. By the time I received them I had drilled and punched
> the part out. It wasn't threaded all the way my despair must have caused
> weird vision.
>
> I cried not and am looking at upgrading all fasteners and replacing the
> radius arm with spherical joints rather that bushed ones. The ones on the
> car (came off) were rather rusted and replacing them was the only option.
> At the $ wanted for new ones it will be cheeper (me cheep) to fabricate
> replacements in my shop.
>
> Again thanks for the words guys.
>
> Oh and while on the subject of the itty bitty car. I have to replace the
> outer sills. Its been done before but the last job was just fit the new
> over the old. I was puzzled why it was so hard to cut through and thought
> the metal was to thick......
>
> The arthur
> kit car aka 69 GT6 (one less problem more to go)
> garage ornament aka 82 Jag
> boxy thing on wheels aka ford aerostar
Aurthur,
If you want to upgrade your suspension hardware I could help.I replaced
all the suspension bolts on my car with mil spec AN bolts.These are
aircraft grade items also used on all serious race cars.They are sold by
grip length,not overall length.The idea is that there are no threads in
the joint.The shank of the bolt is the exact lenght of the
joint.Hardened washers are used to shim to exact fit and to make sure
thr nut doesn`t bottom.This requires carefull measurement.I have the AN
part numbers for spit/gt6 bolts.If interested let me know.
Rick Hand