Re: Underhood blanket

To: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Underhood blanket
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:02:25 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/7/99 11:28:24 AM EST, pwiegman@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<  have this melodic grinding sound coming from the front of
 the engine and want to quiet it by installing an underhood
 blanket.  8>)  Actually,  I am thinking about putting in the
 blanket on a TR3, but would like to see if anyone has that
 t-shirt.

 Will this give me a heating problem?  How it it attached?
 Does it cut down of sound?  What kind of material is best, I
 have seen several types?  Is their enough room? >>

Grinding noise? Do you know what it is? Seems to me you'd be better advised to
fix the noise first. Or you may find you have a soundproof and silent (not
running) engine!
But no I haven't tried this and don't know anyone who has.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4