Re: TR4, TR6 clutch master cylindero.com>

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4, TR6 clutch master cylindero.com>
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@anr.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 08:21:24 -0500
>Does anyone know if the TR4 clutch master cylinder a direct bolt in
>replacement for the TR6 master cylinder (assuming both are LHD)?

I don't believe so.  The shapes of the castings indicate that the
TR4 cylinder won't mate to the TR6 reservoir or to the servo unit.
The TR4 cylinder is a single L-shaped casting which includes the
reservoir and has no servo.  However, anyone with sufficient tools
and determination could probably make one fit.

Incidently, the TR4 (early) also used a 0.75" bore, it was later
switched to 0.70".  I suspect that the seals and springs are common
because of the same bore size.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@anr.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L