RE: Rear Springs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Springs
From: "Jack Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:04:53 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"

Irv wrote:
>I have NEVER had to disconnect the inner axle to remove the rear springs on
>my TR6. If you can't get the spring out, rotate the axle. There is a point
>where the axle will drop down just a little lower before coming in contact
>with the frame. Just that little bit more has always been enough for me to

If there is any compression on the spring at all, I would recommend
separating the axle. I am sure all of these cars have there differences
within the same make and model, but springs can kill you, flange bolts
usually don't. If you have to use force to remove the spring, be very
careful.

Just my .02 cents,

Jack '74 TR6