re Vitesse mods

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: re Vitesse mods
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:29:30 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP91815135747alinkens@fargo>
Leon,
That's an interesting mail. It's always of interest to me to see what helpful
modifications can be added to the car to improve the whole experience of
driving a Triumph.

- Power steering - the 2000 has a substantial bottom ball joint, the Vitesse
etc has a brass trunnion. I guess a power steering unit may cause premature
failure to the trunnion due to extra forces?
I've received some helpful mails about adjusting the front suspension geometry
to prevent some of the heavy steering problems I seem to get - I'll follow that
route I think.

-I like the thought of Daimler seats!

Some mods I may try -
-I'm going to try improving the heater fan by fitting the fan from a Dolomite
(as suggested in TSSC Courier mag recently).

-I heard of a GT6 owner fitting gas struts to assist in bonnet lifting.. I may
try something similar.

-I like the idea of replacing the 4-speed box either with a manual overdrive or
a 5-speed box. (haven't heard much about 5-speed boxes that are suitable yet.)

-I'll probably fit a heated element to the rear window.

-Another useful addition would be hazard lights.

Any other suggestions from listers would be welcome,
regards
Andy
'69 Vitesse
'76 2500S Estate