RE: electric fans- puller vs pusher

To: "Trevor Jordan" <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Subject: RE: electric fans- puller vs pusher
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:32:53 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Trevor,

I am in complete agreement with almost all of what you said, however the
efficiency I was referring to was the overall radiator efficiency, comparing
the shrouded puller versus the pusher fan.  I firmly believe that in a
stopped or slowly moving vehicle a shrouded puller (tractor) fan will do a
better job than a pusher.

We can debate whether having a fan hub in front of the radiator will provide
more of an obstruction to cooling than placing it behind the radiator, due
to turbulent vs. laminar flow through the slotted TR3A grill, but a fully
shrouded puller is going to outperform a pusher without the moving vehicle
air ram effect.

Jack Brooks
TS69032L
NJ car show: http://pages.hotbot.com/family/triumph