TR6 frame repairs

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 frame repairs
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 11:43:24 -0700
I've got a TR6 frame that needs reinforcement to the trailing arm mounting
cross member assemblies. The frame is off the car and sandblasted with a
hole on each side directly below the inner swing arm mount. The remainder of
the cross member appears to be sound based on a pick hammer test. Since this
is a daily driver I was planning to have a U shaped section of sheet metal
constructed that would be welded in place over the current cross member. I'm
looking someone has already been there and done that so I can get an
"expert" opinion before committing to the task.
Thanks in advance for all of the information
Lee Janssen
Sunny Denver CO