TR4-TR4A Throw-out Bearing Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4-TR4A Throw-out Bearing Question
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:03:55 -0500

More help needed!

I am at the stage of replacing the throwout bearing in
preperation for reassembling the car.

I have a TR4A diaphram clutch gearbox in my TR4.  I went to
separate the throwout bearing from the sleeve and am
confused.  It bears the original TR4A part number but seems
to be an integrated unit.  The sleeve is "connected" to the
bearing.  The bearing outer shell "captures" the ridge on
the sleeve.

Is this normal??  My expectation is that the sleeve would
be backed out of the bearing from the back.  This would not
be possible without ripping off of the bearing's outer
shell.

I have a TR4 throwout bearing and sleeve to compare to and
they look like the parts catalog pictures and separating
them seems straight forward.

Any advice would be appreciated

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA