RE: insurance, "stated value"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: insurance, "stated value"
From: Aribert_Neumann%MIMCO@magna.on.ca
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:11:41 -0500

-
".....Keep
in mind, what I'm talking about applies mainly to "restored" Triumphs.  If
you have a car that is in need of a lot of work, stated value may not be a
cost effective option.  But once you restore it and have a lot of money
sunk
into it, it is probably a good idea."

I have a low dollar stated value policy thru State Farm in Michigan on an
old Ford.  I had to get an appraisal in order to get the policy.  Car is
only insured for $2500 right now, but that is still about 2000 higher than
what insurance would pay otherwise.  Premiums similiar to my GT-6 with out
a stated value policy.  Next spring the GT-6 will get a stated value policy
also.