Re: Fastener Threads

To: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Fastener Threads
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:45:36 -0800
Cc: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I can confirm what you are saying Aaron. In the process of rebuilding my
TR4 I've been able to buy the vast majority of fasteners from a good
local hardware store, and I've been replacing virtually everything. Vast
majority are UNF and easy to find. I do recommend being careful about
the grade of fastener you buy, try to stick with grade 8 or at least 5
for anything holding together critical systems like suspension, brakes,
steering, drive train, etc.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602