LWR Wishbone Stud-TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LWR Wishbone Stud-TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:34:40 -0800
Cc: jktr250@aol.com
Hope all found Santa generaous this year with
needed/wanted Triumph "stuff". I too am excited
to receive John Macartney's book. My wife, who
is a ravinous reader has already indicated she
is eager to read it also.

Anyway. My question to the list is how do you
properly install the lower wishbone stud which
holds the spring plate? When removing the rt side
plate, the one stud came out and was fairly
mangled, so got a replacement stud. The problem
is that the replacement stud's threading and
the center portion which is not threaded won't allow
the nyloc nut to thighten down to the plate. The
threading is "longer" on one side of the stud than the
other and it almost appears that you have to screw in
the shorter side so that you force the "thread" to
be self tapped into the center shaft that isn't threaded
to get it to go far enough into the wishbone to allow
the exposed stud, once placed through the plate, to
have the thread extend down to the plate face so the nut
will thighten down the plate.

I hope I have made this clear??

TIA.

Scott Suhring