Non LBC mechanical type question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Non LBC mechanical type question
From: stu.jo@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:22:24 -0800
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sorry to bring up a Nissan qwuestion, but I have a 94 Nissan 300zx to
drive when its too cold or wet for the Triumphs. It has some very LBC
characteristics from being in close proximity to them. For example, the
hazard switch won't stay on, sometimes the radio will take a couple of
minutes to come on etc.
However, the weirdest one is a loud intermittent howling coming from the
general artea of the tranny fiorst thing in the morning if the overnight
temp is below 50 degrees or thereabouts.The howling lasts about a
minute, and is irrespective of speed, provided its over 15mph,. clutch
in or out, neutral or in any gear, accelerating, constnt speed or
braking.
Nissan said it was the clutch pilot bushing, and it was rerplaced under
warranty(thank God). However, there was no change. Now they want to
replace it again. It makes no sense to me as it does not rotate relative
to anything else except when the clutch is disengaged.
Anybody have any other ideas? I wondered about speed cable.
Stu
74 Tr6 80 TR8