Re: MG List

To: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: MG List
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:47:19 +1000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 16:48 21/12/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Mark Milotay wrote:
>> What does POM stand for?
>>
>> >Are you trying to say I use alot of slang??? :-)
>> >Cheerio old bean!
>> >
>> >Rich
>I don't know, I think it's an Ausie term for us!!!  Any Aussies know what it
>stands for, probably something to do with us whinging!!! :-)
>Rich
Hi Rich & List
merry Xmas & a safe new year to all
Pom-pommie-pommie Bas**** etc.
Pomme possibly comes from the French==apple which has nothing to do with it!
Solomon Islanders called the Europeans "Long Pig" mainly because they were
cannibals anyway!, however Japanese soldiers were found during the early
parts of WW2, to be better tasting because of their predominantly vegetable
diet.
LBC content
To the best of my knowledge no-one was ever attacked & eaten while driving
a Herald convertible.
but there is a good ozarks joke about a man wearing a fur coat in a VW.