RE: TR6 Tie rod query

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Tie rod query
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:25:44 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
I have perfected the method for centering the steering.  Certainly none too
obvious.   At the top of the steering column, under the hood is a 2 bolt
yolk that secures the first piece of steering shaft (from the dash area) to
the first piece under the hood. Remove that.  Then go to the first bolt
above the steering rack and remove it.  Now you can slide the shaft up and
remove it from the rack and readjust its location.  I restored the tie rod
ends to their original settings giving each about an inch of thread.  The
wheel is now straight and each tie rod end has plenty of thread.

Thanks to all who replied.  I feel safer now, and the wheel is straight.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK