Happy Ramadan

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Happy Ramadan
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:22:25 -0700
I got a call from a friend who is in Jordan awaiting his chance to get into
Bagdad to spend Ramadan with loved ones (if they're still alive) after his
holy pilgrimage to Mecca. I told him about all the hootin' n' hollerin'
going on about Desert Fox on the Triumphs list. Here's his reply:

Happy Ramadan! May Allah, the benificent and merciful, bless your Triumph
motorcars, and keep parts available until after you all have finished your
rebuilds, repairs, and mods.

Oh, and special thanks to Bill Clinton for not bombing the shit out of us
while we celebrate this most holy of months.  He's a real sweetheart.

-Nazifi Hussein, (no relation), Bagdad, Iraq

(If you're out just after sunset tonight, take a look to the west. You will
see the crescent moon and star (actually the planet Venus) which marks the
beginning of Ramadan. This astronomical alignment shows up everywhere in
muslim countries: flags, stationery, money, mosques, cars, military
uniforms, you name it. That's a clue that shows you how important Ramadan
is to Islam.)