intro and RE things

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: intro and RE things
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 15:38:49 -0500
Howdee all, I'm a newbee to this group and the carb talk got my interest.=

But first> I'm rebuilding a 69 GT6+ and will need to locate sources for
things such as body panels and such. I tried the website spitbits but fou=
nd
it hard to read and therefore confusing.
If you answer this request for assistance e-mail me direct rather than sp=
am
the group. (arthurhsmith@compuserve.com)

Personal thoughts....    To put the o-ring on use clean motor oil. Grease=

may contain additives that may or may not have an effect. Why take a
chance.

A fix for a broken tab would be to drill a small hole in the tab that wil=
be inside the float bowl and thread a wire through to act as a stop to ke=
ep
the plug from sliding out. A temporary fix....

The CD150s on my GT6 have two bolt hole mounting and the CD175s (from Jag=
s)
I have 4 bolt holes on the manifold flange. TR6 may use the 4 I don't kno=
w.
And the 175s I have are 1 3/4" bores and the 150s have 1 =BD" bores.

Other topics

>Is this normal due to the fresh seal binding on the shaft?

No. IMO things should spin free with only a little friction.

>In the process of rebuilding the carbs, wondering if I should use Gross
Jets.
>Good thing or bad?

I have only heard good things. The jet is a ball bearing and unlike a
needle valve has less of a tendency to wear and leak causing fuel over
flow.

arthurhsmith
82 Jag XJ6 big toy
69 GT6+ little toy (in parts)