Oil Pressure Gauges

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Dan Masters <DANMAS@aol.com>, Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Oil Pressure Gauges
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:56:52 -0500
In a message dated 98-12-18 18:06:05 EST, peterz@merak.com writes:

> You can see there that there are only two wires to the pressure gauge. =
>  have no explanation for this other than the sender performing the
function
>  of the stabilizer. But the sender only has two wires as well.
>
>  If you can explain this diagram (as pertains to the pressure gauge)
that's
>  be great. Thanks in advance Dan!

Peter,  Dan,

They probably reason that the battery voltage changes are not enough
to cause readings that are erroneous enough to cause alarm.  Probably
a reasonable assumption since the oil pressure drops off at low
engine speed when the voltage also drops as well.

Anyway, don't use the voltage stabilizer present in the car unless
you have the right kind of gauge (see my epistle on this topic).

Dave