TR6 trailer hitch (was: Re: Other Uses...)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 trailer hitch (was: Re: Other Uses...)
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 11:09:14 -0600
Speaking of pulling trailers...  I actually have a trailer hitch setup for
a TR6 that someone could probably talk me out of for $100.

It came off of a '73, but the catch is that the center section of the rear
bumper seemed to be a special design.  There were two additional plates on
the "inside" part of the bumper that held captive nuts, to which the hitch
attaches.  Another part of the hitch extends under the boot and attaches to
the tubular brace there.  I've wondered if this was a dealer option, since
the bumper mods were extremely clean and were chrome plated just like the
rest of the bumper.

 Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB                         http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191