TR250 into a TR5 won't go?

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR250 into a TR5 won't go?
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 98 11:18:18 +0100
Hi All

I am in the UK, and yesterday went to look at a rather nice TR250 that
had recently been shipped from California.The car is in mess,but
structurally solid,and complete.After getting home I started reading up
on the 250 and was surprised to find that the standard 250 only produces
104 bhp,as a posed to 150 from the TR5. I knew the 250 was detuned but I
had not realised by how much.Apart from the obvious difference of fuel
injection / carbs what other differences are there? I was thinking mainly
about the camshaft,and gear ratios.
 Finally what have any of you TR250 owners done to your cars to increase
the performance.

Thanks for any comments

Cameron.