TR6 Competition Pushrods

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Competition Pushrods
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:33:46 -0500
O kind  all knowing Masters of things Triumph I have a question. I have
finally received my cylinder head back from the machine shop. It looks like
they did a first class job. I am now in the process of installing it and was
wondering what any of you who may have done this did to measure your needed
length for the competition pushrods. I'm thinking about cutting an old stock
one and threading one end to receive a stud making an adjustable pushrod so
that I can then measure it. I am hoping that perhaps there is an easier way.
I was loaned a tool to remove the end from the new pushrods (THANK YOU POWER
BRITISH...... blatant plug.......) so all I'm going to need to do is come up
with measurements for the machine shop to use.  From what I have read I need
to have the contact patch of the rocker arm as centralized on the valve stem
as possible. I guess I should have paid more attention in Geometry class
but............. Any Ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Hopefully before too long my engine, which has not been fired up in probably
close to fifteen years, will be making lots of beautiful smoke and sounds.
TIA  Craig