Multi-message

To: submit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Multi-message
From: Kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:57:39 -0500
Hi List!  I just finished reading my past 4 backlog of TR Digest List
messages, so please forgive me on the late response.  Multi-mess.
        Fan belt:
I agree with the proccedure of lifting engine up to install belt. This &
pulling the eng. is the only way that I've done it, & I'm sure that
there are other ways of doing it.
        To the person who suggested installing two belts: 1) one on pullies 2)
other attached tobar or frame - GOOD THINKING.
        To people who use spacers on motor mounts: Beaware that you can raise
the motor so high that the Steering Rack will rub a grove into the
Damper & still beable to close the Bonnet [if you install the hose clamp
the correct way-(screw under the hose)]. Also, the radiatot can & should
be adjusted for proper alinement of hoses[top & lower], so fan blades
DON'T cut lower hose.
        To the person wanting to know about TR2 Cranks: I for one, do NOT like
to respone on a subjuct that I don't know about. The reason is: 1) When
a person asked for information, they realy want the best infor. they can
get. 2) they want the info to be clear & accurate. 3) Many times I read
a question & don't understand: a) the terms that are being used, b) the
question or info that is being seeked, &/or c)am too tired to think
clearly to answer the question fully. -Cosmo