Fan Belts

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: Fan Belts
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:01:08 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I sure agree -- the first time I tightened one per the manual (well,
perhaps a bit over-tightened)  the water pump bearings didn't last too
long.  Now I keep the belt on the loose side, and it looks new after
several years.  It still grabs the water pump and generator pulleys
tightly, but I can move it perhaps plus/minus an inch.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B