Re: Eastwoods

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Eastwoods
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:32:55 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Scott;

I could be wrong, but as I've been receiving Eastwood's catalogs for
many years, I was surprised to see Sears name on a catalog a few years
ago.  It struck me as very odd at the time. Since then, no mention of
Sears name has been made. Maybe I'm crazy, but I remember seeing this. I
know that Eastwoods' is located in Malvern, PA. but, could it be that
Curt sold out for a good sum and Sears was proud of their purchase but
decided that if they went back to making it look like a hometown,
good-ol'-boys operation it might be better for business?
Since I can't swear to this I guess I'll have to do some detective work
to prove  to y'all I'm really not senile or just plain nuts. Oh, hell, I
have owned an LBC of one kind or another for over 30 years. Maybe you
could make an allowance or two.

Besides, as you say, regardless of who owns the company, they are a
first-rate supplier of restoration supplies with whom I have dealt for
quite some time.

Cheers,

Jeff Johnson
making room in the asylum corner in case I turn out to be just plain
crazy