Re: U-joint replacement on IRS

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: U-joint replacement on IRS
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@anr.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:22:22 -0500
At 09:23 AM 12/12/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Message text written by jmwagner
>>ahhhh, yes.... you sharing your repeat of my experiences of the late
>70's, 80's...  helps me to reconcile my decision, a few years ago.. .to
>buy a solid axle TR 4A as a daily driver....
><
>
>Well, TRIPLING the number of U-joints  and some of them virtually
>impossible to lube....

I agree, that outside u-joint does present an awkward maintenance
problem.

Has anyone in the 4A/250/6 community ever drilled an access through
the trailing arm?  It wouldn't have to be large, maybe 1/2", then you
could get to the zerk with a needle.  Don't know what that would
do to the integrity of  the trailing arm, it is a structural member so
you would be changing stress distributions.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@anr.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L