Re: Still Upset(VTR/250's Photo)

To: "Kevin N. Andrews" <kevina@emji.net>
Subject: Re: Still Upset(VTR/250's Photo)
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:46:41 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
"Kevin N. Andrews" wrote:

> I am still upset about not getting the pkoto of all the 250's from VTR. I
> have the group of all the Triumphs but not the 250's. Why couldn't they
> sent it all together to save on postage?
> Kevin

I also have a problem with VTR photo(s).  Although I do not have a 250 I did
purchase the panoramic photo. I am totally dissatisfied with it.  The quality
of the photo rivals that of my $200 inkjet printer.  The detail is so poor
that one cannot read the license plates on the vehicles in the front row. The
color is off to the point that the gold VTR T-shirts are neon green.

I called the photographer at Cricket Photo in Bloomington, MN to discuss my
concerns.  He (I don't recall his name) informed me that I was the first one
to complain about the photo.  I went on to explain that I expected more out
of my $35 dollars than blurry, off color, reproductions.    The gentleman
went on to say that this was the best that can be done.  Bull$#!}!!!!   In a
mater of 10 minutes I found a wealth of knowledge of panoramic camera in the
Web.  I discussed this concern with a local photographer who specializes in
automotive photography.  He informed me that the level of detail from a
proper panoramic photo is very good.  I plan to review this photo from
Cricket with him and draft an official complaint letter.

The reason I am so steamed about this is this photo will be the only portrait
of my car as it was destroyed in an accident 3 days after VTR.
--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (Organ donor)