Re: British Racing Green

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: British Racing Green
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:55:41 -0800
Cc: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Sumner Weisman wrote:
> > A case of unintentional camouflage.  Do statistics show that BRG
> > cars are involved in more accidents than brightly colored ones like white
> > or yellow?
>
>   The "scientifically determined" worst color for
> automotive visibility is white.
>
>   The best are reds and those super-mega-yellows. The
> pale yellows like Primrose were not listed, but were
> probably closer to the whites (bad) than the super-mega
> flourescent yellows.
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
> Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
> ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

That makes sense. White is also supposed to be the best color for
avoiding the constabulary (i.e invisible to the naked eye 8^)). My bro
in law has never had a car that wasn't white for just that reason.
Something must work for him - he never met a speed limit he agreed with
and yet is never ticketed. Don't think he even owns a radar detector.
Illegal in VA anyway, but somehow, I don't think that would stop him.
--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT