Re: LBC/Rock&Roll Trivia

Subject: Re: LBC/Rock&Roll Trivia
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:34:53 +0000
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

"N.A.J.Leech" wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Michael T. wrote:
>

> > FWIW, Marc Bollen from T-Rex died right around this date (Dec.11 I think,
> > 1977, not sure) in an Austin Mini. His girlfriend was driving when they hit
> > a tree. He never had a license.
>
>  It was a purple mini 1275 GT, Mark was on his way to a train station as
> he didn't want to travel a long distance by car....didn't think they
> were too safe, needless to say seat belts were not being worn. Not that
> it matters much when it comes to a clubman vs oaktree grudgematch.
>
>  The kast thing he'd said on TV/Radio was that he hoped he wouldn't die
> that week as Elvis had just popped his clogs and then no-one would
> remember him.

remember who??? :-)  Someone did a tribute song to him, something along the
lines
of 'tie a purple mini round the old oak tree'

Ooops, that was a bit on the sick side!! :-)

ps, he actually died on 16th September, check this to find out many interesting
facts :-

http://www.findagrave.com/

Cheerio

Rich