TR4/4A/250 rear bumpers

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4/4A/250 rear bumpers
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:51:17 -0500
        Listerati,

        I'm getting ready to ship bits and pieces
of my TR250's rear bumper to various plating firms.
A couple of quick questions:

        1. Anyone had recent experience with the
Bumper Boys in LA? How did the finish compare
to NOS chrome?

        2. Anyone buy a rear bumper overrider
from TRF or Moss recently? They sell for about $35,
versus $45 for plating my old ones. Are they identical
to the old pieces in construction and finish, or is it
a typical Taiwanese chrome finish?

        3. On the "outrigger" of the bumper, there's
supposed to be a tubular spacer on the bolt that was
missing on my car. I assume the order that the pieces
go in, from outside to inside, is: bumper, spacer,
flat washer, fender, bracket, flat washer, lock washer,
bolt head. Can anyone confirm this?

        Thanks,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L