Re:VIRGINIA - FALLS CHURCH

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:VIRGINIA - FALLS CHURCH
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:00:11 -0500
I know Justin got this because he responded with a Thank You but it seems the
list didn't so I'm sending it again in case anyone else visits the Wash D.C.
area.

I think I didn't follow my own advice of deleting the stuff on the end of the
orginal message.

Bud
---------------------------------------
Justin

Don't know about parties but if you're interested in looking at some LBCs and
talking with some really friendly people you might want to go over to Motorhead
Ltd. at 2811 Old Lee Highway in Fairfax.  It's just west of Falls Church a few
miles.

I'd bought some key blanks from them before and curious about their shop so I
wandered by there last week when I was in the Wash D.C. area and talked to Larry
(one of the owners I believe) and Robert (one of the mechanics).  They were more
than willing to talk and show me projects they're working on in their
shop...e.g. a frame-up on a  49? Singer for the original owner, a start-up for a
3000 Healey that had been stored for the last ten years and lots of others.  My
guess is that if you showed up around 5:30 (they close at 6) with a 12 pack
you'd probably have an impromptu Triumph party right there.

They have lots of other cars in the parking lot too that you can nose around, 4
or 5 TR6s...one with a surrey top (they do fit a 6 (albeit two bolts end-up
inside the tub) but it somehow didn't look as "right" as it does on the TR4-250
body IMHO), spitfires, a 850 Morris, even some MGs.

Really nice folks to visit with.

Bud 71TR6 CC57365
       71TR6 CC65446 (OD donor)

I mentioned this many weeks ago...

I will be staying with my brother in Falls Church, Virginia, DEC 21 -
29....   Are there any Triumph related club-parties, etc. in the area?

--Justin