Re: Ya found it!

To: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Ya found it!
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:40:20 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, richard jackson wrote:

> I think you finally found your car.  Mine was in worse shape when I got it,
>

> Is it only me on the list who's car is more knackered now than when I bought
> it??? :-)

  far be it for me to point out to everyone that your car was what most
would consider 'too far gone' before you took it on as your daily driver!
far more interesting is the tale of my spitfire that went from better
than when I got it to worse again!!

> Also, is a 2 litre GT6 less tolerable of some idiot givin' it big doses of
> right foot welly, than a 1.3 four cylinder????  Or is the 6 stronger????

The only reason your 1.3 has held up so long is that it's a tr4 engine
sleeved down and you change the rings frequently. Also i think it's
whether the backbone of the chassis is strong enough, not the engine
power thats paramount!!!!!!:-)

Tra for now, johnny  '70 Viterald