first shakedown drive - now I understand...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: first shakedown drive - now I understand...
From: Shawn Mann <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 17:21:00 -0800
Listers,

Today was a typically beautiful SoCal day and was made even more so by
my first spin in my TR6.  I mentioned to the list about a year ago that
I'd bought a rust free '70 w/ a rebuilt engine which had sat up in a
barn for 15 years.  Bought it for a song, and a year later, I've finally
got all systems up to full snuff, new tires, etc..., and took it out
Previously I owned a 79 Spitfire that looked good, but was a mechanical
nightmare and accelerated...well, you know.  It may sound funny, but up
until today I'd never actually RIDDEN in a TR6, I've just lusted after
them since I was a wee one.  So today was a revelation.  MAN, these
things are a blast!  Had a hard time limiting it to just 15 minutes or
so to check things out.

Just had to share that.

With a new dose of the disease,
Shawn Mann