Re: source for custom speedo cables

To: kengano@advant.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: source for custom speedo cables
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 18:36:03 EST
In a message dated 98-12-05 16:07:37 EST, kengano@advant.com writes:

> Does any one know a source for custom built speedometer cables?

Ken,

Try United Speedometer Service (1-800-877-4798) or on the 'net at:

http://www.speedometershop.com

Or try A.C.I. Engineering, Inc, 616-327-1991,

Or Lokar, inc, 423-966-2269.

I have never dealt with the first two companies, but they both advertise in
the various strret rod/hot rod/classic car magazines. I have dealt with Lokar,
and they make some good stuff. They sell "cut-to-fit" cables, and they say
they can fit most applications. They are located about 25 miles from my house,
and I will be going there myself in a couple of weeks, so If you can tell me
what you are trying to fit, I can check with them for you (I can call them
from here and save you a long distance call if they can tell me over the
phone. If they can't, and your application has the same fittings as a TR6, I
can drag a whole '75 TR6 transmission and a speedo unit to their shop for a
test fit!). Their price is $58.95 for a black cable, and $93.95 for braided
stainless steel?????

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html