Re: Transmission # CD20976

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Transmission # CD20976
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 17:38:06 -0500
Tony Rhodes wrote:

> I find that I have a non original transmission to join the rest of the
> motley assortment of non-original internals on my TR4A.
>
> The transmission serial number is CD20976.  I thought that
> the CD series was the TR5/250, but this number is too high.
> Did TR6 transmissions continue the CD numbers?  If so, I guess
> this number would come from a 1969 TR6?
>
> Any extra info would help here.
>
> -Tony Rhodes
> ARhodes@compuserve.com
> 1966 TR4A CTC64342
> body 64412CT
> engine TS51430E
> Differential CTC58551
> Transmission CD20976

 Hi Tony,

CD20976 would have come from approx '71 TR6.  Characterized by slide-in needle
bearing
in input shaft, bronze bushes, and symetrical dog teeth on mainshaft gears.

-Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars