Permatex Form-A-Gasket #1

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Permatex Form-A-Gasket #1
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 12:54:58 +0000
Comments: ( Received on motgate2.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com )
The saga continues.......

I've just spoken to the people at Loctite UK, and they tell me that #1
is not available in the UK, only #2 and #6, which have substantially
different characteristics.

Many people have offered to send this from the US - thank you, I am very
grateful. But for now, as the leaking coreplugs are not disastrous, and
the car will be coming off the road to be re-chassied, starting in
January, I'm going to leave well alone. I'll change all the core plugs
before the engine goes back in, but that won't be until next Spring (if
I'm optimistic!). That's long enough for me to lose any sealants I get
now!!! At least I know what I need to find next Spring!

Thanks for all the help,

        Cheers,
                Bill.

--