Re: TR3: WW to Std Wheels question

To: musson@satie.arts.usf.edu
Subject: Re: TR3: WW to Std Wheels question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:19:32 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/2/98 12:27:20 PM EST, musson@satie.arts.usf.edu writes:

<< I am thinking about switching from ww to std wheels on TS81802.  I
 gather from earlier comments that to just change out the studs can be
 difficult.  Since I have a a complete rearend setup sitting in the shed,
 how hard is it to pull the axle, et al and make the switch that way? Or
 even the whole rearend?  Body & Frame are currently residing in
 different locations.

 Thanks in advance. >>

Hey Carl
If memory serves getting the longer steel wheel studs into the front hub is
the problem. I think there's sufficient room in the rear. If I'm wrong here I
think pulling the axles out of the rear end might be easier tho' not by much!
If you have to pull the front hubs it's a lot easier.

Regards
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B