TR250 turn signal questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR250 turn signal questions
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:01:08 -0500
Ok, ok, ok.  I'll admit it, I AM the DPO.

In trying to get the turn signals to work in my 250 ( I didn't really
worry too much about it until I'v started driving it 3-4 days a week. )

The turn signals don't work and haven't for awhile.

So my questions are.  Does the steering column switch supposed to have
power in it? Or is it supposed to be grounded?  Mine is grounded.  The LG
wire going to the switch is grounded.  When I test it with a test light,
I get left and right circuit completed as if it is supposed to be a
ground.

The G wire going to the flasher is hot all the time the key is turned on,
and the LG wire on the other side of the flasher is also hot all the
time.  Isn't that wire supposed to be the same that goes to the column
switch?

The 4way flasher has no power to it, out of it or anywhere around it.

I have replaced both flashers with new from the store...is there anyway
to field test them?

Now I am really LUCAS Electrics challenged when things don't the way that
I think they should, so if anyone should feel so inclined to
respond....please keep it really simple.

Thanks

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA