RE: TR250 w/SU Carbs

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Martin Gonzales'" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: TR250 w/SU Carbs
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:36:31 -0000
Sounds like too lean a mixture. I'm not sure what the instructions say on
that webpage, but I take it you started off by synchronizing the carbs after
first checking the ignition was spot on. Worth considering is that you might
have the wrong needles giving you good results at higher rpm and too lean at
idle. However, HOW much do you have to pull the choke, as the first part
only opens the throttle rather than changes the mixture.

A few thoughts.

Gernot