Car Storage Options

To: tr <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Car Storage Options
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:04:41 -0500
To all my expert friend out there...

A friend of mine has a '56 chevy that his wife has kicked out of the
garage (actually, she wants him to SELL it!). He's looking for options
for outside storage, but has no access to a list such as this one so I
told him I'd ask around.

Do any of you have any recommendations as to the best type of outdoor
storage? He's thinking about one of those metal-framed, vinyl-covered
erector set type garages, but they have no floor. He'd like to put the
structure on his lawn so ground moisture would be of concern. Would one
of those with a sheet of plastic under the car be acceptable? Should he
build a plywood floor with plastic under it - and then put up the
"tent"?

How about parking it on the driveway with a Covercraft cover? Is
Evolution fabric the best of the bunch for weather protection? Plastic
under it do any good?

If any of you store your TRs outside, how do you do it? How long have
you done it that way and are you happy with the results? I know that
most of you store your cars indoors, but there must be SOMEBODY out
there who stores outdoors. By the way, this is New England so we're
talking cold / rain / snow - typically delightful winter weather. As
always, I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT