Generator and Voltage Regulator

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Dan Masters <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Generator and Voltage Regulator
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:27:20 -0500
I have a question for those more experienced in these matters than myself.
It appears that my voltage regulator is regulating too low, or else the
generator can not put out enough amps.  The factory manual
outlines a method of setting the voltage, but it is a little involved.

Is it possible to just rev up the engine to, say, 3000 rpm, then
adjust the voltage part of the regulator until you abtain around
13.5 volts (maybe under the load of headlights, etc)?

-Tony