Re: New tonneau cover

To: Bill_Eley@AIMFUNDS.COM
Subject: Re: New tonneau cover
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:31:56 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> ordered a new tonneau cover for my 62 TR4 from Moss this week which was to
>  arrive today.  Imagine my excitement - I'll go home, snap it on, and drive
>  the car to work tomorrow!  Not quite.  The snaps and studs have to be
>  installed in the tonneau first.  No instructions.  No tools. I would really
>  appreciate any advice on the installation and fitting of a new tonneau (and
>  the inherent pitfalls) from anyone who's been there.  Thanks.
>
>  Bill Eley
>  62 TR4

Bill, whether you do it yourself or take it to a "top shop" (and I recommend
the latter) be sure that the "lift the dot" fasteners are attached so that you
can pull them horizontally along the back of the cover.  There should be
sixteen of them.  8 on each side of the car should have the "dot" facing
forward (or outward as you round the back of the tonneau).  If you don't do
this you will regret it later.

Fit these first, snap the cover into place at the rear, zip it closed, stretch
the cover acrros the seats and then install the front snaps (on the dash).
Once the front ones are in place then do the door snaps.

If I'm not clear please let me know and I'll try to explain it better.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L  (original owner/factory pickup/daily driver)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant