Re: 74 TR-6 Interior Door Panel Replacement

To: gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 74 TR-6 Interior Door Panel Replacement
From: pboldtrix@juno.com (Philip E Bacon)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:29:29 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, gg07165@spectra.net
When I redid the interior of my TR-6 I had the same problem -- water had
ruined the "cardboard" door panels.   Before installing new panels from
TRF, I did what new car manufacturers do -- I 'sealed' those interior
access holes by using a heavy plastic sheet cut to fit on the door
interior.  By using spray adhesive and carefully gluing the plastic on
the door, I was able to keep most of the water that gets inside the door
away from my nice new panels.  The new panels have been on a couple of
years and so far there is no sign of panel distortion or water staining
on them.
Phil Bacon, 72TR6