TR-3A: Starting ritual question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A: Starting ritual question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:13:43 -0800
   My TR-3A will not start or continue to run after cold start without
heavy choking - no matter what the outside temperature.  It runs very
poorly at full choke (surging idle, black smoke out the exhaust, etc.) and
I hate to run it so rich, since it tends to foul the plugs.  So I now do
this.  I start with it choked, run it until the temp rises off the peg,
turn it off, let it sit for five minutes and start it again without the
choke.  Then it seems to run and idle well.
    Am I the lone ranger with this problem?  How do your cars behave from a
cold start and what is your procedure?
    Thanks.
John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan