TR 6 Midas Muffler Replacement

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR 6 Midas Muffler Replacement
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 23:37:35 -0500
        Dear list member whose name I forgot to "snip"

        RE:"I am about to replace the exhaust system and muffler (dual
pipe) on my
74 TR6 and am thinking about using a MIDAS system.  Does anyone have any
experience with that?"

        The PO of my TR250 replaced the exhaust at Midas, and I was tearing
it off last night to make room for a Falcon stainless steel sport system.
The muffler
is made by "Walker" and seems to have held up well, the aluminized finish
protected it better than the rest of the "system". My biggest gripe is that
all the
tubing was obviously straight and custom-bent for the application, but not
mandrel-bent. It necks down considerably at all the bends. It "works", but
I'd
imagine that the back pressure would be unnecessarily elevated compared
to a mandrel-bent kit. Who knows? I also noticed that the muffler weighs
about
947 Imperial Butt-tonnes, but for all I know the mail-order one does too.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L