Re: TR6 Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Questions
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:57:32 -0500
Hi,

I need to chime in here. The "inside" of the wheels on the TR6 were not
really painted, per se. There was a kind of charcoal grey paint on the
inside surface, but it is not a real coat of paint, as near as I can
figure. I think that the factory put some kind of a dark-ish primer on
under the orignal paint and what winds up on the "inside" side is more or
less overspray.

Turns out that the wheels mounted on the car get pretty beat from brake
dust and tiny pieces of the brake rotors just from normal use. Hence, they
start rusting on the backside.

FWIW, they started rusting on the "inside" side by the time the cars were
only a year or so old... at least that's what my car(s) did. Along those
lines, that's why most of them are painted with the "Argent" color now. All
wheels wind up getting repainted at some point...

Oh well.

later,
rml
Bob Lang