carb rebuild

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: carb rebuild
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:54:40 EST
<<I already did the rebuild kit including seals, diaphragms and Grose

jets but noticed no major difference--still running real rich, can't

get an idle at all under about 1,200 rpm, no low end torque>>
I sent stripped down bodies 2 each 175 Strombergs (for my TR4) and SUs (for my
Volvo) to Joe Curto Inc. in New York from California (after a local carb shop
wrecked my first carb and I was motivated to get them all done right). Joe
charged me $150 to put in new throttle bushes in Zs and reamed and installed
oversize shafts in the SUs. He also dipped the Z floats as they had cracking.
I supplied him with the parts I bought from Moss (which he in fact makes for
Moss and others). everythiong came back right and I got my idle down to 800 on
both cars easily. (Prior - I had air leaks making both cars idle a bit high
and uneven).
Carl
'64 TR4
'63 122S